Saturday 17 March 2012

River Thames Yacht Tug

A chap who was disposing of a deceased estate saw one of my articles in a magazine and contacted me to see if I would like a box of model boat plans he had come across.
They were mainly the lift outs from English Magazines.There was a great cross section from 17 Century sailing ships to some modern commercial craft  .I was very happy to accept them and will pass them on to some one in the future.   This one took my eye and was a pleasure to build.
As usual the model was made from a length of Bunnings Radiata Pine from which I cut the planks.
It is a single planked hull on bulkheads. The tug is called the Varlet and is on display at a museum in London






As you  can see it is a handsome little commercial boat.

2 comments:

  1. Is this model for sale please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't have time to do the research to write and place ads, create and put up signs, take calls and make appointments, show your boat, or sell your boat, a broker is the best way to go. Yachting Cyprus

    ReplyDelete